BROUGHT FORWARD AS IT IS PANCAKE DAY ON TUESDAY
Below the sweet pancakes is the recipe for Savoury Pancakes using the same ingredients as in Recipe 3 on Tuesday. You won’t need the rice or naan bread.
Feeds 4 people x 3 thin pancakes or 2 when thicker and filled.
8 ozs of Plain Flour
Milk to mix
Pkt of Lard
- In large bowl place flour and break into it two eggs
- Stir the eggs so yolks are broken and add a little milk
- Add milk until you have a thick stirring consistency
- Beat out any lumps
- Add water until it is looks like soup
- Heat pan with a tiny lump of lard
- For each pancake use half a cup/third mug of mixture
- Pour into the frying pan, quickly lift and twist pan to fill it
- Place on heat, watch the edges going crispy
- Toss, or turn with spatula to brown the other side.
- Repeat this process for each pancake.
- It starts slow, but once pan is hot it takes less than a minute.
1. Thin crispy pancakes are best sprinkled with sugar and a small amount of freshly squeezed lemon poured before rolling into a sausage shape. with sugar and freshly.
2. If wanting a thicker pancake to fill and roll, use a mug of mixture. They will take longer to cook and not recommend to try and toss!!
3. If only wanting very thick (Scotch) pancakes its best to use Self Raising flour. These are ideal with fresh fruit, fruit, golden, maple chocolate syrups, and ice-cream.
4. For a US style breakfast break open your bacon pack and fry bacon slices or bits of back add egg fried, scrambled, and add pineapple, of golden or maple syrup, but not recommended to have too often as not healthy heating.
5. The thicker pancake made with plain flour makes a good savoury pancake for a main dish and is ideal for any leftovers. .
1. Mash leftover vegetables/and or fresh ones as Recipe 3 without curry powder. Drain the vegetables, and mash them maybe add a tsp of oregano.
2. Add the small chicken pieces to the mash and separate into eight portions.
3. Makethe thicker pancakes with half a mug of mixture. They will take slightly longer to cook, so you will have time to fill before the next is ready. put on another pancake to cook while adding filling across pancake. Turn in the sides and roll up.
4. Put each pancake in a flan style dish. Mix crushed or powered garlic with a tin of tomatoes and pour over the eight pancakes when ready. Grate cheese over the top and put in the over for 20 minutes, or microwave for 10 to melt the cheese. Serve with peas or green vegetable.