Feeds 4 (2 chops left from packet of 6 – freeze and use another day)
4 pork chops
2 tablespoons of Orange Marmalade
2 cups of Orange Juice
1 tsp of cornflour mixed with water
Pinch of ginger if liked
1. Put chops in large frying pan and brown on both sides
2. Transfer to casserole dish if having to fry separately
3. Add to the pan the orange juice and marmalade
4. Simmer until marmalade is melted
5. If chops fit frying pan cover and leave them to simmer 20 mins
6. If in casserole dish pour over sauce and cook
7. M/w on low or oven 180C for 20 mins.
8. Remove the chops and slowly stir in cornflour mix to thicken
9. Add a little vegetable water if too thick. Jus = between sauce/gravy.
10.Pour over the chops and add vegetables
Boiled potatoes, broccoli and carrot go well with this dish (£1.00)
Tip 1: Slice up an orange and place on top of the chop. This dish is simple but always the taste always impresses.
Tip 2: This is an easy way to make an orange sauce to use over a simple sponge recipe.
Cost of Meal: £3.68
Cost per Person: 92p