Feeds 4 people:
Base ingredients: 13p
220 gr (8oz) SR flour (10p),
8 dsp veg/sunflower oil (SC),
8 dsp water,
1 tsp. Oregano. (SC)
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl so dry, but malleable.
2. Use fingers to gently press over base of 12 inch frying pan.
3. With a smaller pan use half ingredients and make two bases (see below)
4. Cook with a medium heat, cover if possible with lid until pastry has risen.
5. When upper side looks fairly dry, invert plate and turn over.
6. If pastry sticks to plate drop back in pan for a minute or two.
7. If not brown enough on either side use plate to turn base to brown it.
8. Tip on to plate ready to add toppings.
Basic Topping Ingredients: 66p
1. Mash tin of tomatoes, add garlic, one onion, squeeze of tomato sauce.
2. Cook in pan or microwave until onion soft and sauce thickened.
3. Use two thirds for a plain pizza, spread evenly over base(s) (26p)
4. Grate and scattered (60 gr) 2oz of cheese on top, melt under grill. (40p)
Total with base for plain pizza(s): 79p.
1.You only need one third of tomato mix if adding toppings.
2. Freeze separately for two portions to use next time
3. Using only one third total when adding toppings = 63p
Chicken and mushroom (pictured above) 1.13
1. Spread chicken scraps & 100 gr (4ozs) cooked sliced mushrooms (50p)
2. Sprinkle the 60 gms of grated cheese over the top, melt under grill
1/2 green pepper, 100 gram sweetcorn & 50 gram mushrooms (51p)
(16p + 10p + 25p) or make your own choices
Delicious Fish: Only using Pizza base £1.00 (Wk3: Rec.17)
Ham/Bacon with Fresh Pineapple: £1.10 (Wk 4: Rec. 23)
Kids Sunny delight: Only using Pizza base £1.08 (Wk 5: Rec.34)
Tip 1: With smaller frying pan, make base ingredients and divide into two, Make a rough 6 inch circle for each pizza and you will have enough tomato topping for both.
Tip 2: Choose you own toppings or add to those already suggested. Ideal for using up leftovers – the motto is never throw anything away.
Tip 3: If you want larger pizzas adjust pizza base recipe and use two of the tomato portions as for the plain pizza. Even doubling the recipe for toppings you will still have a filling pizza meal for around £2.00.
1. See Salad Suggestions: five piece salad (£1.40)
2. Coleslaw option: ( 80p)
3. Half and half (£1.10)
Cost of meal: £2.53
Cost per person: 62p