Remaining slices of roast joint = 8 (330 grams) £1.26)
If you haven’t 8 slices add a boiled egg to each portion (32p)
Apple sauce (15p)
Basic salad: (Prices can vary) £1.73
Iceberg Lettuce (47p)
Cherry Tomatoes 4 x 3 = 12 (67p)
1/3rd Cucumber (16p)
Red Onion (10p)
Sliced Green Pepper (33p)
1. Slice lettuce in half, and then chop into wide strips and cut across those.
2. Slice 1/3 cucumber, green pepper and onion
3. Add 3 cherry tomatoes to each plate.
1. Use half the lettuce and no red onion save (23 + 10p) £1.50
2. Make coleslaw (See Recipe 4) 2 tbls. as side dish (5p)
1, 750 grams potatoes cut into small cubes boiled for about 10 mins. (30p)
2. Mash out the lumps add sprinkle of pepper, ½ teaspoon ‘Nearly butter’
3. Add just enough milk to beat them into a thick creamy texture.
Tip 1: Try a fresh pineapple for this dish rather than apple sauce
Cost of meal: £3.76 with half salad and coleslaw only £2.53
Cost per person: 94p with half salad and coleslaw 63p